dark material // blacked out
"dark material // akzent" available on the Play Store today! You can change color accents in that variant of dark material using Arcus!
The icons shown on the screenshots are from the Whicons icon pack, available free on the Play Store!
ATTENTION: Welcome to the convergence build. Blacked Out! has been merged into Dark Material. To switch to Blacked Out, you must install Arcus, available here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pixkart.arcus
ATTENTION: If you're on MM6.0 with CMTE (CM13, DU) AND you dirty flash, MAKE SURE YOU REVERT STOCK THEME BEFORE YOU UPDATE.
INTRODUCTIONWelcome to the first and original dark material UI available for the CyanogenMod 12/12.1/13 Theme Engine. With this theme, you can grasp that Android Material look whilst not blinding your eyes as you enjoy all the eyecandy animations! To regain back the stock Google icons look, try my other theme "dark regression+"!
WHY "DARK MATERIAL"?To understand why this theme doesn't follow Google's traditional "Material Dark" design with dark teal and/or blue grey, I will briefly explain.
This theme wasn't based on Google's Material Style, but was mainly influenced by the "Tinted Status Bar" mod's results, where it completely made the action bar into one fused item. I really liked this design, which made the system more minimal as it had two layers to look at, rather than 3 (Action Bar Primary, Action Bar Primary Dark (status bar darkened color) and the fragment layer (the interacting area)). The fact that I named this theme "Dark Material" over "Material Dark" was because I wanted to depict a dark, physical metamorphic rock
- "slate", and it's color. As the color scheme of this theme is mainly dark (black, grey and white text), I added the word "Dark" in front of my interpretation of "Material" hence the title "Dark Material". Themes that follow Google's Material Dark, should show up as "Material Dark" to ensure consistency (see Google keyboard settings for reference).
NOTES FROM US, TO YOU.For direct contact with the team, please join our Google+ community! We're not scary!: https://plus.google.com/communities/104086528025432169285
- SUGGESTION: Once you apply the theme, REBOOT TWICE!
- SUGGESTION: If you are on a ROM with an icon that is not themed inside Settings, email me.
- BOOT LOOP SOLUTION #1: You must have a custom recovery available on your device
- the zip removes ALL traces of CDT themes in one flash: https://goo.gl/Sh0zpT
- POPULAR: SystemUI/Notification Drawer not themed? This is a CM12 problem. Follow these instructions to fix: http://youtu.be/MW1UsCyOidY thanks to Manuel and Will.
- REQUEST: Any other bugs, contact me (Nicholas) directly. Do not leave a bad rating if your bug is easily solvable.
- Must have a CM12/CM12.1/13 ROM with Theme Engine installed.
WHAT IS THEMED?We have over 211 app/system overlays, but if you want to know exactly what is themed, take a look at the list under "WHAT IS THEMED?" on this page: http://goo.gl/yAzPPT
ALL OTHER INFORMATIONFIRMWARES SUPPORTED: CM12 (100%), CM12.1 (100%), CM13 (100%)ROMS WITH ICONS: CM, Cyanogen OS, BlissPop (Bleeding edge updates). Temasek, Fusion, Candy5, CyanideL, LiquidSmooth, Euphoria OS, Team OSE, EOS, AICP, CRDroid, Validus, Nameless, Carbon, Flex OS, Dirty Unicorns (#DUCertified), PAC-ROM, Benzo, OwnROM, Exodus and ResurrectionRemix.
Metadata ID for Arcus: 105739351821425192942
Category : Personalization